Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Day in Costa Coffee


Dear Denis,
Alors, we have arrived in Marrakech without a scratch. While some might think that sitting in a cafe for hours on end, observing the comings and goings of people, ease dropping on their conversations while sipping on lattes is the material for their next novel, this was simply not the case at Cafe Costa in Terminal 2 of Heathrow. This cafe was my home from 6AM to 6PM on Thursday. Instead of sipping on delish coffee and eating croissants, I was hunched over my luggage with an excruciating stomach ache from my lack of food and then, once I gained the courage to eat, a different but equally painful tummy ache was born of the ham and cheese panini that I begrudgingly forced down. At the point of a total core meltdown, little Mimi thankfully arrived at Cafe Costa. 3 pepto bismals and a cat nap later, I awakened to find Megan was being fully accosted by the passenger on her right. I quickly feigned sleep as an anxiety ridden Megan handed over her email address to her garrulous new friend and did not open my eyes again till we landed in Marrakech.

Lots of love,
Julia

No comments: