Friday, October 24, 2008

9 AM TECHNO, INSPIRED!



I have uploaded photos again. I am done being lazy. Here is the extended caption to the recent past.

We meet teenage Harry in a museum. Realized our common Minnesotan roots. He cooks us tomatoes and in return we let him stay at our house. We take turns posing with the Berber gun he has been given in the mountains and have four bottles of wine. Even I have over my two glass max. We go, with Harry and Barry, to Ben Youssef Madersa, the former Koranic school. It was built in 1570 but later completed by the Saadians, could house 900 students in little tiny dorm rooms that all overlook the insanely intricately tiled courtyard. College! Posed there for awhile, took lots of details pictures of tiles and went to eat crepes. Went to Essouira the next day, the start of the beautiful relationship between Julia and Pascal. And the end of my brief relationship after I realized a wife had not been mentioned to me.
We do laundry and go horseback riding with Mehdi, which means I can finally dress equestrian with reason. We meet Fred and go to his house in Ouilidia. The trip was not documented, but then the next week we go to the lake, which is. The lake is dirty, but lunch is good and after we go hunting for scorpions. This is before I find out that Fred is in a relationship that he forgot to mention, before I earn my well earned title as Mistress Megan of Marrakech.
Fred and Mehdi play tennis and I watch, the good mistress that I am. I make a new German friend, who loves activities, and we go to the tanneries. Imagine the worst smell you have ever smelled. It smells worse (sulphuric acid, pigeon shit, fish oil, the dead animals, obviously). Now I know how my leather is dyed though. Our guide described to my German friend in Arabic French the virtues of natural versus chemical dying, and though I understood little I was sold and will only buy the most naturally dyed products from now on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how do i get to the pictures?

Unknown said...

i just found the link in an email. nevermind! xo