Monday, October 20, 2008

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Dearest Denny,

The blog has suffered but surely not as much as I have in the last week. I am recovered, but I have suffered from a stomach ailment that is too disgusting to describe and still expect our six followers to read on. Since our last entry, we have moved in to our new home and it is lovely. Last night we had a big rain storm and our home is a bit flooded, but besides that it is bug free, cat free, snake and scorpion free and has a beautiful terrace.

In my spare time between bathroom runs, I have named the cats that live on our new street. Be sure that if you have been at all loyal in reading, one of the less mangled, non- rabid (?) cats in Marrakech now unknowingly bears your name.


Mohammed IV
Mohammed V
Hassan II
Tom
Pascal
Arnaud
Tara-bel
Charley
Baily
Julia
Claudia
Owen
Kelley Kelly
Erikelley
DJ Andy
Soon to be Madame Mollie
Mohammed III
Moulay Rashid
Fantan
Foultran
Monsieur Twombly
Habiba
Harira
Fatima
Yasmine
Agadire
Frere Thomas

Did I forget you? There are plenty more cats and soon will be some kittens living in the dumpster outside our house.

xo,
Megan

3 comments:

kelley said...

there really is no excuse, tummy or otherwise for not keeping the lines of communication consistent. please let me know the following...

has moroc made you skinny like a cat or chubs?

any rare finds and or gems i need to know about or purchase?

how is everyones boy sitch-pascal?

are your beds comfy?

i got 42 baby jellyfish stings in florida. i hate it there, smells like death.


xoxo

megan leafblad said...

dearest megan,
did i forget to hit post, or was my comment so offense it was deleted?!
i am sad to learn that my lack of communication has left some lovely cat without the chance bear my/OUR name. Maybe it is a little weird to call it after you, but I would be happy with a nickname, such as FLUFFY

i promise to write soon, i am heading to NY for a long weekend, so how about before the day of the dead a lengthy email will arrive in your inbox? Send me your AIM! and also are there photos of your new place on flickr?

Megan Marion said...

Kelley: Chubs. Many. Totally amusing. You would spit on our beds and check into a hotel. Oh dear. I have 144 bug bits and the parts of this city that don't smell like incense (which of course I am wildly allergic to) smell like death.

Meg: I would never delete a comment of yours, especially an offensive one. Will wait by my inbox until you return from NY.