Friday, November 6, 2009

Even the poster gets me


Dear Den,

Today is a very big day for large black women and those of us that celebrate them. Second ONLY to the Maryl Streep/ Alec Baldwin romcom coming out in December, Precious is my most anticipated movie of the fall.

“Life is hard. Life is short. Life is painful. Life is rich. Life is....Precious.” Precious is an overweigh teen from Harlem. I normally am not totally into fat people, but when they are overcoming huge emotional and societal obstacles I can’t help but sympathize.

In another world- Texas, I think- “a poor, oversized and under-educated teenager” is taken in by Sandra Bullock’s family. I have seen the preview three times, and I still cry when I see how the poor, oversized and under-educated teenager tells Sandra Bullock that he has never had a bed before. Since “The Proposal” I have decided that SB is the best actress maybe ever and I am certain this movie is going to earn her a well deserved nomination.

Denny, I cannot wait!

mm

No comments: