Monday, September 8, 2008

Condoleezza and Kanye

Muffin,

Several updates:

I am putting my photos up on Flickr today. flickr.com/meganmarion. I seriously doubt that, with our Internet connection, it will actually work. Also, there appears to be a problem with our digital camera charger and Morocco, so the pictures are rather limited and mostly of me taking pictures of Julia over the dinner table, jumping or acting like she is doing her senior yearbook photo.

It appears we have, as promised, a sister blog. Check out http://moi-tout-seul.blogspot.com/ to read about the misadventures of our own Ignatius J. Reilly and his musings on fashions, etiquette, and the charming city of New Haven.

Perhaps later I will reflect on our overly air conditioned bus ride, where three separate individuals blasted music (some Moroccan, some Mariah) from speakers while I tried to sleep, and occasionally the news would come on in Arabic, allowing me only to understand "Condoleezza Rice" which would plunge me into a deep state of panic that all eyes on the bus would turn to Jules and me and we would be forced to fend for ourselves in the surrounding desert rather then defend our country to the music lover bus passengers in broken French. Jules agreed that setting off alone in the desert would indeed be preferable. But since I am now, as usual, tired and hungry, I am not sure I would be able to do this post justice (ie starting with a more broad and co-authored picture, then focusing more in on individual writing about smaller details, taking a more serious look at the country, as suggested by one of our more dissatisfied blog readers). So, Dad, until I can make more of a literary push, bessalama. Oh, that's just Arabic for goodbye, literally meaning with peace.

xo,

Megan

No comments: