Sunday, March 22, 2009

Julia, Megan, Pascal and Dexter Foltran. One happy family.


Salut mon cherie,

Oh geez, we have really been busy little bees in the last few weeks but have much exciting news to report. First and foremost, le grand frere des soeurs miserables, Thomas Michael Kelly III, proposed marriage to la belle et charmant Kelley Culp last week, under a Moroccan desert sunset. Most fortuitously for la famille Kelly, she accepted (insert Kelley Kelly joke here).

Our Barthhhhhelona groupie adventure was a real jam-packed, grand slam of a time. We zipped through the Picasso Museum, bought awesome euro sunglasses on Los Ramblos, ate scrumptious tapas up the wazoo, purchased portable coffee, ogled at the super crazy Gaudi buildings, and enjoyed one rather star-struck night of romping around town with the fetching boys of Jogger.

We returned to Marrakech and spent a week living in the Medina with the newly engaged couple and our sweet Mamma. Now, renting a riad in the medina is a marvelous thing to do but renting a riad that neighbors a huge mosque in the Medina can be an uneasy nighttime experience. The 4:30 AM call to prayer that is projected from loud speakers in the mosque, was a very alarming and dramatic wake up and made for several nights of pretty nutty and skittish sleep.

La famille left us a few days ago and Megos and I are back to the ol’ grind. We’re currently in a very precarious situation with my boyfriend and his entire restaurant, in fact. I'm still pretty hot and bothered about it, which going forward we shall refer to as “The Great Fig Debacle,” but once I cool my jets a bit, I’ll fill you in.

For now, Saint Denis, just know that I adore and miss you.

MWAH.
Julia

PS. Den, we have a new pet turtle named Dexter. After a long observation period this morning, we simply cannot figure out if he's a supremely cunning little guy or dumb as rocks. I've consulted the web and found a forum addressing this subject. This is a question posted from another turtle lover:

"I've only had my turt a bit over a month now, so still getting used to behaviour and habits etc. The main reason I'm asking is my turt bit my girlfriend on the nose today. Now my ultimate question is, was this deliberate or accidental do you think?"

Den, have you ever had a turt and do you know anything about turt-intel?

No comments: