Monday, January 26, 2009

Never been to Brooklyn and I’d like to see what’s good


Dear Dennis,
I am emerging from my yearly hibernation to wish you, Rory Gilmore, and the rest of the Yale campus happy 2009. Usually, I am not big on New Year’s resolutions, because I have a problem with committing to things and then realllly sticking with them, but this year I figure it’s time for some change. Generally my goals tend to be superficial, and usually have to do with taking better care of myself, all of it by and large an excuse to treat myself to weekly manicures so I can look better and thereby feel better. Oh dear, hibernation really lets out honesty in me. But armed with “Have a Tempura Tan-Trum” on my hands, I have decided that contrary to my belief for the last 10 years that I ‘know better’, I absolutely do not ‘know better’ and now hand all decisions of boys and relationships to family and friends, who will no longer have to try to nicely warn me and brace themselves for my inevitable disappointment when I realize that I have once again gotten involved with someone.. not quite right. I am thinking less Chuck Bass, more the guy from Slumdog Millionaire. Also, would like to take “like” out of my vocabulary completely, quit smoking entirely, screen less phone calls, return more emails, and learn how to use my beautiful Leica. So Morocco, Minnesota, Brooklyn, Venice, New Haven, Rome or wherever else I may possibly move next week, watch out for the equally indecisive but radically improved 2009 version of myself.
Not so Bora-Bora-ing Pink,
Megan Marion

1 comment:

megan leafblad said...

We need a manicure and a chat!
Call me when you are back in the Mpls, my nails and my heart implore you.