Thursday, January 22, 2009

What happens in Cancun, stays in Cancun!

Dearest Mr. Jones,

I have returned to Morocco, but most unfortunately, sans la petite soeur. Hopefully she will join me in a week or so, but she had a rather irritating encounter with her "spring break" boyfriend (Megs, you silly goose!! There is a REASON you only date these guys over spring break). It is a long story, which I am not at liberty to tell, but when she does decide to tell you (or if you give me one glass of wine), it will really bring you hours and hours of solid entertainment!! Anyway, at the very least, she got a good story out of the whole thing.

So yes, I am back. My flight over was less then ideal as I had something like the flu and suffered from an allergic reaction to je ne sais pas, that resulted in a skin rash. I did not exactly look like a part-time supermodel when Pascal found me at the airport. It is a good thing he likes me for my blossoming cooking skills and handiness around the house. Unfortunately, I don't have too much to report, as I've slept for most of the last two days. It is sunny and beautiful though, which is a delightful change from the -14 degrees in Minnesota. We may go skiing this weekend in Oukaimeden, which is about an hour drive from Marrakech. The drive itself is a fun activity, as you pass through dozens of cool Berber villages that look like they're growing out of the mountains. And Deni, I know how much you enjoy a good Berber village.

Lastly, I must tell you, Megs gave me a pair of your old skinny jeans. I can barely fit into them and I'm at a post-flu weight! This just will not do. Needless to say, I am less then thrilled and will start a strict exercise regime until I fit into those damn things.

Lots of love le petit garcon,
Julia

No comments: